When redesigning my website and re-writing my static site generator Posty, I wanted to refactor the URLs for my blog posts but not leave anyone hanging when they had an old URL bookmarked. Since my website could be hosted somewhere that I don't have control over the webserver config, I had to figure out how to do this with HTML.
My website here, as of the time of writing this, is still based on a design I made back in 2010, and is rendered using my static site generator that I haven't touched in nearly as long. The site's served its purpose pretty well, but it's kind of a mess; It's unreadable on mobile devices, the CSS causes some weird inconsistencies, and the static site generator is no where near my current standards. So since this is a personal project I have the liberty of throwing it all in the trash and starting over (and learning new things along the way!).
In April of this year, I attempted to bike the Katy Trail, but I forgot how unpredictable weather could be in Missouri that time of year and got rained out. While visiting with my parents waiting for my flight back to California, I decided to do a short bike tour in the San Francisco Bay Area where at the very least I wouldn't have to deal with rain.
Continuing on my adventure of running my own self-built router at home, I decided to get IPv6 running on my home network. As of writing this blog post, my ISP doesn't do native IPv6 yet so I decided to go with Hurricane Electric's IPv6 Tunnel Broker service, which provides you with an IPv6-in-IPv4 tunnel.
In my last post I talked about getting my home router up and forwarding packets from nothing and getting my computers connected via Ethernet. The next step is to get 802.11 (WiFi) working.